I used to eat ice cream for dinner. It was disgusting, but I didn’t exactly know (or care) about meal prep, so I would sleep after class, go to work at 7:00, eat ice cream, and eat more ice cream.
I (thankfully) don’t do that anymore, but eating all that Coldstone made me now only want ice cream with other things in it. If I have ice cream now, it has to have cookies, or candies, or syrup, or something extra. The more flavors the better.
I adapted this recipe a little from Savannah’s Sludge recipe. I had made that a few times, but since I’m so picky about my sweet tooth, I didn’t like it plain. Throw a few extra things in…and yum! You can be extra creative with this, which makes it more fun. Add whatever you want – fruits, nuts, sweets. The consistency isn’t really like “ice cream” but more like a thicker pudding. Either way, if you get a craving for a cold, sweet treat, this will work perfectly!
- 1 scoop Chocolate Casein Protein Powder (you can use any flavor, but I like chocolate the most)
- 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. crushed pecans (I took my pecans and broke them into pieces)
- 1 tsp. honey (if you like it extra sweet!)
- 1 tbsp. whipped topping (I had to)
- A few dark chocolate chips for good measure
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
How to Make
- Throw all the dry ingredients (protein powder, cocoa powder, pecans, chocolate chips) in a small cup, and mix it till they’re combined.
- Add the honey and almond milk, and mix well. You may need to add some more milk if the consistency is too thick. Don’t add too much at once, because the mixture will get too soupy and it won’t freeze right.
- Pop it in the freezer for 30-45 minutes. I usually take mine out halfway through and stir it up.
- Add your peanut butter and whipped topping, and mix it all up. Enjoy!